September 2010 - Immedium
A. Immedium joins Reading Is Fundamental
As kids head back to school, we have a pleasant surprise for them.
Immedium is excited to be a Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) "authorized supplier" and that our books have been RIF "approved". Tell your local RIF program to contact us, and we'd be happy to email them our book catalog!
Founded in 1966, RIF motivates children to read by working with them, their parents, and community members to make reading a fun and beneficial part of everyday life. RIF's highest priority is reaching underserved children from birth to age 8. Through community volunteers in every state and U.S. territory, RIF provides 4.5 million children with books and literacy resources each year (www.RIF.org).
B. Create Your own Dragon Tales
On Labor Day weekend, Immedium presents at the Colorado Heritage Camps (CHC). CHC unite adoptive families with enriching cultural programs and a diverse community says farewell to summer with a bang!
This weekend, author Oliver Chin inspires four classes of elementary schoolers to create their own "birth year" animal comics. Plus he will autograph his annual series The Tales from the Chinese Zodiac, Julie Black Belt, and other books.
At the end of September comes one of our biggest events of the year: the San Francisco Dragon Boat Festival (www.sfdragonboat.com)! We are proud to attend this fantastic celebration on Treasure Island, where more than 100 teams and 3,500 paddlers participate. We always look forward to a fun weekend and sharing our stories with readers of all ages.
C. Fall Previews #5
Here is one final sneak peek at our two upcoming Fall books.
Space Cadet Topo: The Day the Sun Turned Off
By DGPH (www.dgph.com.ar).
Character: Solar Shadow Monster!
As our brave astronaut Topo embarks on his mission to turn the sun back on, little does he know…that a big beast may lurk inside the star itself! Will it prove to be an insurmountable obstacle in Topo's path to save the day? May the force be with you, space cadet...
Sid the Squid: and the Search for the Perfect Job
By David Derrick
Character: Chief Stevenson
Who hasn't dreamt of being a firefighter? Helping her new pal find a great career, the girl Alice naturally brings Sid to the fire station. Chief Stevenson thinks this squid may have what it takes! Is this the perfect job for this Sid?
Find out at author David Derrick's inaugural storytime! Meet the artist at Vroman's bookstore in Pasadena, California, on Saturday, September 25th.
Sid also comes to the Golden Gate Bridge! The weekend before, author Oliver Chin presents on Dave’s behalf at the GGNRA Warming Hut Café at Crissy Field near the San Francisco Marina on September 19th.
Sid the Squid and the Search for the Perfect Job
"What's your dream job? Sid the squid struggles with this question by trying out numerous jobs that he could be successful at. He ends up doing what he truly loves based on the innate gifts that naturally define who he is."
- Joel Garfinkle, author of Land Your Dream Job
The Octonauts & the Only Lonely Monster
"From the very beginning, the illustrations were very impressive; cute, little Octonauts in a colorful underwater world….This story has a very sweet message about being special and having friends."
- One Zillion Books
- 9/3-9/5: Oliver Chin: Colorado Heritage Camps - Chinese Heritage Camp, Fraser, Colorado.
- 9/18: San Francisco Babes & Babies event, Jewish Community Center, Mill Valley Community Center, located at 180 Camino Alto, CA, 9 am.
- 9/19: Sid the Squid: Golden Gate Conservancy: Crissy Field Warming Hut Bookstore/Cafe, San Francisco, CA, (415) 561-3040, 1-3 pm.
- 9/25: David Derrick: Sid the Squid: Vroman's, Pasadena, CA, 10:30 am
- 9/25-26: San Francisco Dragon Boat Festival: Treasure Island, San Francisco, CA.
- 10/10: David Derrick: Sid the Squid: Zimmer Museum, 6505 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90048, (323) 761-8984, 2:30 pm
- 10/16: San Francisco Babes & Babies event, Mill Valley Community Center, 180 Camino Alto, CA, 9 am.
- 10/17: Oliver Chin: TTT Golden Gate Live Steamers, Tilden Park, Berkeley, CA, 11 am.
- 10/17: David Derrick: Sid the Squid: La Habra Children's Museum, South Euclid Street, La Habra, CA 90631, (562) 905-9793, 1:30 pm
- 10/19: David Derrick: Sid the Squid: Castaic Public Library, 27971 Sloan Canyon Rd., Castaic, CA 91384, (661) 257-7410, 6:15 pm
- 10/24: David Derrick: Sid the Squid: Heal the Bay's Santa Monica Pier Aquarium , 1600 Ocean Front Walk, Santa Monica CA 90401, (310) 393-6149, 2:30 pm
September is a month when reading is FUNdamental!
P.O. Box 31846
San Francisco, CA 94131
Immedium, Inc. inspires a world of imagination, and creates entertaining books that have multi-dimensional appeal. Based in San Francisco, CA, Immedium sits on the Pacific Rim, a vibrant intersection for crossover cultural trends from Asia and America. Embracing an increasingly diverse and "multimedia" world, Immedium publishes titles ranging from eye-catching children's books and contemporary non-fiction to commentaries on art and popular culture. Visit us at www.immedium.com.
|Bookmark our Blog||Add us on Twitter||Snag a T-shirt|