June 2009 - Immedium
A. SKAFFS goes West
Next week artist Luke Feldman (aka SKAFFS) swings by the West Coast to sign his new book Chaff n' Skaffs: Mai and the lost Moskivvy.
He will autograph copies at a trio of hot spots in Southern California. On June 10th, he launches his solo show "Whimsical Delights" at the Wonderful World Animation Gallery in Culver City. Next on June 12th he paints in at the group show "Cute and Dangerous" at the Seven Degrees Gallery in Laguna Beach (which also displays art by Meomi, authors of our Octonauts book series).
Then on June 13th, he'll meet and greet fans at the Munky King in Los Angeles. So get ready for some fun days and nights in SoCal with SKAFFS .
"…fans of Luke Feldman's art style are in for a real treat when it comes to this book. Mai (who will be released in 3D form) was my favorite character. She is super kawaii and I love her many facial expressions that pretty much help solidify her moments of happiness, excitement and fear. In addition to Mai, I really loved the numerous unnamed personalities that the trio meet throughout their adventures- the monks, lady bugs and spiders were too cute for words"
B. Immedium's 1st E-book + summer events
We proudly announce that our first book Robot Stories and More Screenplays by Greg Pak is now our first e-book!
It is available on the Amazon Kindle for the bargain price of $4.95. As many of you know, Greg is now a celebrated scribe for Marvel Comics (Incredible Hulk) so check out the scripts that paved the way for his continuing pop-culture success.
- - -
Meanwhile, we'll be participating in these upcoming community events:
- Enjoy a free story time of Welcome to Monster Isle at the Museum of Children's Art in downtown Oakland, CA this coming Saturday, June 6th at 1 pm.
- Get our new Timmy & Tammy's Train of Thought children's T-shirts at the Golden Gate Live Steamers' open house in the Tilden Park railroad, Berkeley, CA on June 14th.
- If you're in San Francisco on June 20th, come see our wares at the Japantown Craft Fair.
- On June 30th, we'll be in Seattle, presenting at the first "Small and Special" conference (www.smallandspecial.com), which inspires small business creators and entrepreneurs.
- On July 25-26, we'll be sharing Timmy & Tammy's Train of Thought at the annual European Train Enthusiasts show at the Hiller Aviation Museum in San Carlos, CA.
C. Preview #2 from Baltazar and the Flying Pirates
School is almost out - and summer awaits, full of family vacations to amusement parks. We're already gearing up for the Fall, and our September book Baltazar and the Flying Pirates will draw upon your fond memories of rollicking rollercoaster rides.
On deck is another pair of characters from the story.
Mr. Flynn: With a matinee idol's good looks, Mr. Flynn is Captain Redlock's trusty lieutenant. This gentleman wakes young Baltazar, as the crew of the flying pirate ship seeks long lost treasure. He skillfully wields his sword with sharp repartee.
Hook: On the other hand, this former captain is a powder keg of energy. A scoundrel of outsize proportions, Hook has left Neverland and Peter Pan far behind, and now enjoys carousing with the equally infamous buccaneers called the Corsairs (the crew of the flying pirate ship known as the Cutlass).
Check out the whole gang here!
The Woollyhoodwinks vs. the Dark Patch
(ISBN: 978-159702-012-5, $15.95)
"The book is uber-charming. It's a mixture of plush & Photoshop acting out the narrative. The design is just lovely…Did I mention how charming the whole book is?"
- The Needle
The Octonauts & the Only Lonely Monster
(ISBN: 978-159702-005-2, $15.95)
"As I've mentioned in the past, Meomi's character design is terrific. But their books, especially their first book, are more than that…I love it, and more importantly, my son loves it and asks for it at bedtime."
- Super Punch
- 6/6: Oliver Chin: Monster Isle storytime: Museum of Children's Art: 538 Ninth St, Oakland, CA, 1 pm.
- 6/10: SKAFFS: Wonderful World of Art Gallery, 9517 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA, 7 pm
- 6/12: SKAFFS: Seven Degrees Gallery, 891 Laguna Canyon Rd, Laguna Beach, CA, 6 pm
- 6/13: SKAFFS: Munky King, 7308 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046, 12:30 pm
- 6/14: Immedium: Golden Gate Live Steamers, Tilden Park, Berkeley, CA, 11 am.
- 6/20: Immedium: Japantown Craft Fair, JCCCNC, 1840 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA, 10 am.
- 6/20: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: San Leandro Public Library, 1241 Manor Blvd., CA, 2 pm.
- 6/25: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: East Palo Alto Library, 2415 University Ave, CA, 3:30 pm.
- 6/27: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Fremont Main Library, 2400 Stevenson Blvd, Fremont, CA, 3 pm.
- 6/30: Immedium: Small & Special: small business and entrepreneur conference, Seattle, WA, 1 pm.
- 7/7: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop, #1: Sunnyvale Public Library, 665 W. Olive Avenue, CA, 2 pm.
- 7/11: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Castro Valley Public Library, 20055 Redwood Road, CA, 3 pm.
- 7/14: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop, #2: Sunnyvale Public Library, 665 W. Olive Avenue, CA, 2 pm.
- 7/17: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Carmel Public Library-Park Branch, Mission/6th Ave, CA, 1:30 pm
- 7/18: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Union City Public Library, 34007 Alvarado-Niles Rd, CA, 3 pm.
- 7/25-26: Immedium: EuroWest 2009, Hiller Aviation Museum, San Carlos, CA, 10 am
- 7/25: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: San Lorenzo Public Library, 395 Paseo Grande, CA, 3 pm
Enjoy your summer in the city!
P.O. Box 31846
San Francisco, CA 94131
Immedium, Inc. inspires a world of imagination, and creates entertaining books that have multi-dimensional appeal. Based in San Francisco, CA, Immedium sits on the Pacific Rim, a vibrant intersection for crossover cultural trends from Asia and America. Embracing an increasingly diverse and "multimedia" world, Immedium publishes titles ranging from eye-catching children's books and contemporary non-fiction to commentaries on art and popular culture. Visit us at www.immedium.com.
|Bookmark our Blog||Add us on Twitter||Snag a T-shirt|