December 2009 - Immedium
A. Our Story Books are Online
Immedium's children's books are now available at www.astorybeforebed.com. Sample our stories, personalize them (as long as you have a computer webcam and microphone), and share our rousing adventures and captivating illustrations.
Customizing your own versions of our stories is simple and easy.
1. Choose a book and record yourself reading the story, page by page
- you appear in a little window next to the book, just like in a TV's picture in picture feature.
2. Email your performance to a pal who can enjoy playing your "storytime" endlessly.
For parents on the road, this is a great way to "read" a bedtime story to your kids. Similarly, friends and relatives can email these entertaining greetings to youngsters around the world.
Plus our partner, the web site's developer Jackson Fish Market, provides a service to our men and women in uniform: members of the United States armed forces can sign up for a special mailing list for free recordings and discounts so they can send greetings to their children who may be far away.
Check out www.astorybeforebed.com and give our adventures your own personal spin. Let us know what you think!
B. The Year of the Tiger approaches
The fifth installment of our Tales from the Chinese Zodiac series has arrived early, just in time to be given as a swell holiday present. 2010 is The Year of the Tiger so get ready to catch its tail for a wild ride!
Teddy the tiger is the prince of the jungle. But his royal parents have told him to stay away from people who are encroaching into their forest. But when Teddy befriends the girl Su, will the jungle be big enough for man and beast?
In the coming months, author Oliver Chin and new series artist Justin Roth will read this high-flying tale from coast to coast. If you'd like us to present at your school, library, store, or venue, please contact us so we can try to fit you into our schedule!
C. Stocking Stuffing Recap
Here's the winner of our Baltazar and the Flying Pirates photo contest:
Gabriel Fine attended our October 5th storytime at the Menlo Park Public Library (CA) where this swashbuckler took a snapshot with author Oliver Chin. Gabriel will receive an autographed 11 x 14 inch photo print of the book's cover. Arrrrgh matey and congratulations!
Holiday Shopping Event
Immedium provides its colorful books for San Francisco shoppers on December 10th, 5 pm at the Regency Center, 1270 Sutter Street. FREE general admission and $10 VIP admission (includes a fabulous gift bag!) to those who RSVP in advance at www.appelandfrank.com. All tickets will be $10 at the door.
Thanks for a Great 2009
We appreciate your support during a year that has been challenging for everyone. We launched 4 new stories, which we're proud of and hope that you've enjoyed (if not, please go right ahead):
- The Year of the Ox: Tales from the Chinese Zodiac
by Oliver Chin and Jeremiah Alcorn
- Chaff n' Skaffs: Mai and the Lost Moskivvy
by Luke Feldman and Amanda Chin
- Baltazar and the Flying Pirates
by Oliver Chin and Justin Roth
- The Octonauts and the Great Ghost Reef
We look forward to a super 2010 with you, and our fifth year publishing more books that inspire the imaginations of 21st century kids and adults.
Julie Black Belt
(ISBN: 1-59702-009-5, $15.95)
"This story emphasizes the importance of working hard and not giving up when striving to reach your goals. I liked how the author shows a girl gaining self-confidence while learning self-defense. I also love the beautiful illustrations by Charlene Chua, which bring the story to life. My girls really enjoyed this story."
- Asian Mommy
The Octonauts & the Great Ghost Reef
(ISBN: 1-59702-019-0, $15.95)
"The fourth book in The Octonauts series is full of interesting and colourful illustrations. Each of the Octonauts has a unique visual personality. Young children will relate to these amusing adventure-seeking characters. The Octonauts also teach readers about working hard to accomplish a goal, appreciating one's friends, and preserving the environment. The book asks the question: Are we taking our environment for granted? Although the book appeals primarily to young children, it has a wry sense of humour which will also appeal to adult readers."
- CM magazine
- 12/5/09: Jeff Miracola: Welcome to Monster Isle: Mukwonago Community Library, "Midnight Magic", Mukwonago, WI, 1 pm.
- 12/6/09: Oliver Chin: Association of Chinese Culinary Teachers, Holiday Christmas Party, Merlion Singaporean, 19628 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino, CA 95014.
- 12/10/09: Stockings & Stilettos holiday shopping event, Regency Center - Sutter Room, 1270 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA, 5 pm.
- 1/3/10: Oliver Chin: YOT: Kepler's: 1010 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA, (650) 324-4321, 11:30 am.
- 1/22/10: Oliver Chin: Manga Drawing Workshop: Oakley Public Library, 1050 Neroly Rd., Oakley, CA 94561, 925-625-2400, 3:30 pm.
- 1/26/10: Oliver Chin: YOT: Cabrillo School, 601 Crespi Drive, Pacifica, CA 94044, 10 am.
Happy holidays to you and those you love.
P.O. Box 31846
San Francisco, CA 94131
Immedium, Inc. inspires a world of imagination, and creates entertaining books that have multi-dimensional appeal. Based in San Francisco, CA, Immedium sits on the Pacific Rim, a vibrant intersection for crossover cultural trends from Asia and America. Embracing an increasingly diverse and "multimedia" world, Immedium publishes titles ranging from eye-catching children's books and contemporary non-fiction to commentaries on art and popular culture. Visit us at www.immedium.com.
|Bookmark our Blog||Add us on Twitter||Snag a T-shirt|