August 2009 - Immedium
A. The Octonauts' turn Japanese!
Today National Public Radio aired a story on the fragile health of our ocean: "Scientists say the world's coral reefs could go extinct during our children's lifetimes. Human activities are putting this beautiful ecosystem at risk."
This is timely environmental news, as Meomi prepares to share their fourth story of their sea-loving heroes: The Octonauts & the Great Ghost Reef.
- Can the Octonauts discover why a famous tourist destination suddenly has become a ghost town?
- Find out! Meomi returns to the San Francisco Bay area for the weekend of November 12th.
- We're busy setting up events, and are happy to take requests!
- In the meantime, catch Meomi in Vancouver at the pubic library writing camp starting today!
Appropriately, as the Octonauts learn more about their world, more of the world is learning about them! Their first adventure, The Octonauts and the Only Lonely Monster, will be published in Japan by Mikasa Shobo in September! Plus the first three Octonauts tales (in hardcover and paperback) will be available in the United Kingdom via Harper Collins UK by the end of this year.
B. Shop till you drop with Immedium
We display our books at the "Chic Summer Soiree" at The Regency Center in San Francisco, CA this Thursday, August 13th at 5 pm.
- Sutter Room on 1270 Sutter Street @ Van Ness.
Attendees can enjoy complimentary wine and gift bags, and an evening of browsing a wide variety of products and designers.
Immedium can provide friends a code for free admission.
- otherwise tickets are 2 for $10 online (www.appelandfrank.com)
- or $10 each at the door.
If you would like to go, please RSVP to email@example.com by Thursday noon, and we'll send you the admission code. Thanks and have fun shopping!
C. Preview #4 from Pirates of Pizazz!
Here is an introduction to more crew members of Baltazar and the Flying Pirates.
Cortes: he left his homeland Spain far behind to strike it rich in the New World. He became a veteran explorer of the Spanish Main, where he searched for El Dorado, a mythical city of gold. Now he hopes Baltazar holds the key to more riches!
Big Queeg: Every ship needs a strong man. Tattooed from his time in the South Pacific, Queeg is handy with a harpoon and has even seen white whale. But he'd rather have fun with Baltazar at the amusement park Treasure Isle.
The official book launch is next month when artist Justin Roth talks like a pirate in New York City! Meanwhile, check out the whole gang here!
Chaff n' Skaffs: Mai and the lost Moskivvy
(ISBN: 978-159702-013-8, $15.95)
"This is a modernistic and pleasing tale of courage and adventure…It's definitely the vibrant illustrations that win me over and bring this dreamworld to life...I appreciate that Feldman and Chin play homage to Feldman's Australian heritage, by including some colloquial language and native animals. Chaff n' Skaffs: Mai and the lost Moskivvy will lift imaginations, and is certainly an alluring feast for the eyes."
- The Children's Book Review
Timmy and Tammy's Train of Thought
(ISBN: 159702-008-7, $15.95)
"If you have a son who's hooked on Thomas the Train and have enough toys to fill up the Island of Sodor, here's a fun book to pique his interest in something else...The illustrations are bright and colorful, and the ending is quite a surprise. It's a perfect story for bedtime that you won't mind reading over and over...and over again."
- 8/1: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Dublin Public Library, 200 Civic Plaza Dublin, CA, 3 pm.
- 8/4: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Half Moon Bay Library, 620 Correas Street, CA 94019, 1 pm.
- 8/5: Oliver Chin: Storytime: Los Altos Library, 13 S. San Antonio Rd., Los Altos, Ca 94022, 3 pm.
- 8/9: Oliver Chin: 5th Annual End of Summer Reading Celebration: Oakland Museum : 1000 Oak St, Ca, 12:30 pm.
- 8/11: Meomi: Octonauts FF: Canadian Book Camp, Vancouver Public Library, BC, Canada.
- 8/13: Stockings & Stilettos holiday shopping event, Regency Center - Sutter Room, 1270 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA, 5 pm.
- 8/25: Oliver Chin: Make a Manga, Fremont Main Library, 2400 Stevenson Blvd, CA, 1 pm.
- 9/5: SKAFFS: Dragon Con, live painting and book signing, Atlanta, GA.
- 9/12: Oliver Chin: Storytime: Recess, 470 Carolina Street, San Francisco, CA, 11 am.
- 9/15: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Saratoga Public Library, CA, 3:45 pm.
- 9/19: SKAFFS, Anime Weekend Atlanta, Atlanta, GA.
- 9/22: SKAFFS, Kinokuniya, New York, NY, 6 pm.
- 9/26-27: Immedium: San Francisco Dragon Boat Festival: Treasure Island, San Francisco, CA.
- 9/27: Justin Roth: Baltazar & the Flying Pirates: Children's Museum of Manhattan: 212 West 83rd Street, New York, NY, 3 pm and 4 pm.
We hope you had a swell summer!
P.O. Box 31846
San Francisco, CA 94131
Immedium, Inc. inspires a world of imagination, and creates entertaining books that have multi-dimensional appeal. Based in San Francisco, CA, Immedium sits on the Pacific Rim, a vibrant intersection for crossover cultural trends from Asia and America. Embracing an increasingly diverse and "multimedia" world, Immedium publishes titles ranging from eye-catching children's books and contemporary non-fiction to commentaries on art and popular culture. Visit us at www.immedium.com.
|Bookmark our Blog||Add us on Twitter||Snag a T-shirt|