July 2009 - Immedium
A. The Octonauts' 4th adventure approaches!
"…Vicki Wong and Michael Murphy have created a fascinating world full of mystery and unbelievable cuteness…"
- Locus of Control
Just as the universe keeps expanding so does that of Meomi's The Octonauts. To the joy of fans worldwide (drum roll please), we are happy to announce that their fourth book launches this October: The Octonauts & the Great Ghost Reef!
In their next mission, the crew takes a vacation to a great coral reef but discovers that the city has lost its color and might become a ghost town! Then they meet the city's last resident - Mr. Slowstache - a turtle who may have to move his home. Can our eight pals solve this mystery before it's too late?
As with their previous journeys, this new story provides readers a rainbow of charming humor and visual delight. For all pre-orders placed through www.immedium.com, Meomi graciously will provide a surprise bonus: they will dedicate your autographed book with a personal note of your choosing!
Reserve your copy of The Octonauts & the Great Ghost Reef today, and add it to your growing collection of fantastic voyages.
B. Immedium reaches out
As we strive to share our stories with more readers, we gladly work with new partners who feature our colorful tales on their shelf space. This month we welcome more dynamic stores into our network: Feel free to visit them in person and online.
The Cartoon Art Museum (www.cartoonart.org)
- America's leading comics art collection knows amazingly illustrated adventures when they see them.
The Cable Car Museum (www.cablecarmuseum.org)
- the official home of San Francisco's iconic transport now sells Timmy and Tammy's Train of Thought!
Gallery 1988 (www.nineteeneightyeight.com)
- West Coast locales that display cutting-edge artists with a timeless 1988 sensibility, like SKAFFS.
Robio (www.robio.com.au) and Villain (www.villainstore.com)
- Find Immedium's tales in these Melbourne shops when you're traveling through the land down under.
Jumping Jellyfish (www.jumpyjelly.com)
- This delightful children's boutique invites you in the historic district of Old Town Pasadena, CA.
Rivet Gallery (www.rivetgallery.com)
- If you're looking for the goods in the Midwest, look no further than this contemporary gallery.
C. Preview #3 from Baltazar and the Flying Pirates
Our swashbuckling pirate tale, illustrated by animator Justin Roth, is set to sail in September.
Here is an introduction to more members of the Corsairs, the crew of the infamous Cutlass, the fastest ship in the skies!
Long John Silver: This tall fellow loves games of chance and gathering gold coins. A legendary carouser who goes to great lengths to have a good time, Long John is bound to have a blast visiting the amusement park Treasure Isle.
Black Bart: This buccaneer is a noted captain in his own right who crisscrossed the Caribbean and South America. Recognizable for his peg leg (a tall tale itself), Bart gladly gives the boy Baltazar a tour of the Cutlass.
Check out the whole gang here!
Chaff n' Skaffs: Mai and the lost Moskivvy
(ISBN: 978-159702-013-8, $15.95)
"Their trip takes them through colorful and fantastic lands, vividly portrayed by Luke Feldman's gorgeously stylized illustrations…A simple yet charming story distinguished by its unforgettable artwork style."
- Midwest Book Review
The Woollyhoodwinks vs. the Dark Patch
(ISBN: 978-159702-012-5, $15.95) "The world of craft collides with the world of children's books as these softies, the creation of Jeff Root, reveal their personalities within the book's pages in their natural habitat, the Black North Forest…Kids who love the book can bring a Woollyhoodwink into their own life. These pint-size friends are each handmade from, you guessed it, wool fabric..."
- ohdeedoh, Apartment Therapy
- 7/7: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop, #1: Sunnyvale Public Library, 665 W. Olive Ave, CA 94086, 2 pm.
- 7/11: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Castro Valley Public Library, 20055 Redwood Road, CA, 3 pm.
- 7/14: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop, #2: Sunnyvale Public Library, 665 W. Olive Ave, CA 94086, 2 pm.
- 7/17: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Carmel Public Library - Park Branch, Mission St/6th Ave, CA, 1:30 pm.
- 7/18: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Union City Public Library, 34007 Alvarado-Niles Rd, CA, 3 pm.
- 7/25-26: EuroWest 2009 - train show, Hiller Aviation Museum, San Carlos, CA
- 7/25: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: San Lorenzo Library, 395 Paseo Grande, CA 94580, 3 pm.
- 7/29: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: East Palo Alto Library, 2415 University Ave, CA 94303, 3:30 pm.
- 8/1: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Dublin Public Library, 200 Civic Plaza Dublin, CA, 3 pm.
- 8/4: Oliver Chin: Comics Workshop: Half Moon Bay Library, 620 Correas Street, CA 94019, 1 pm.
- 8/5: Oliver Chin: Storytime: Los Altos Library, 13 S. San Antonio Rd., Los Altos, Ca 94022, 3 pm.
- 8/9: Oliver Chin: 5th Annual End of Summer Reading Celebration: Oakland Museum : 1000 Oak St, Ca, 12:30 pm.
- 8/11: Meomi: Octonauts FF: Canadian Book Camp, Vancouver Public Library, BC, Canada.
- 8/13: Stockings & Stilettos holiday shopping event, Regency Center - Sutter Room, 1270 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA, 5 pm.
- 8/25: Oliver Chin: Make a Manga, Fremont Main Library, 2400 Stevenson Blvd, CA, 1 pm.
Celebrate Parent's Day - the fourth Sunday in July (26th).
P.O. Box 31846
San Francisco, CA 94131
Immedium, Inc. inspires a world of imagination, and creates entertaining books that have multi-dimensional appeal. Based in San Francisco, CA, Immedium sits on the Pacific Rim, a vibrant intersection for crossover cultural trends from Asia and America. Embracing an increasingly diverse and "multimedia" world, Immedium publishes titles ranging from eye-catching children's books and contemporary non-fiction to commentaries on art and popular culture. Visit us at www.immedium.com.
|Bookmark our Blog||Add us on Twitter||Snag a T-shirt|